IN2IT live is a complete solution designed for ingest operators to manage all live recordings from a single web-based user interface.
IN2IT live enable recording of various sources including SDI, NDI and web streams from SD to 4K, and deliver content to your central storage and asset management system for live editing while capture.
Thanks to NDI recording, you can easily capture Skype, Teams or Zoom meetings, and perform screen capture without SDI converters.
IN2IT live scheduler controls IN2IT live appliances for SDI recording, but it can also control third party video servers such as Omenon Spectrum X.
This article introduces the user interface and the concepts of IN2IT live usage for operators.
Installation and configuration of IN2IT live is described in a dedicated article.
IN2IT live is composed of three main modules:
- IN2IT live video server, deployed as physical appliance or software only to manage SDI/NDI/web streams capture
- IN2IT live scheduler, the main user interface for ingest operators
- IN2IT live workflow engine, handling transfers to central storage and media asset management systems
Components can be deployed all in one server or separately.
2. Ingest operations in IN2IT live scheduler
IN2IT live scheduler is the user interface for operators controlling scheduled or crash recording events.
IN2IT live scheduler opens in a web browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
Please ask your administrator about the URL of IN2IT scheduler and credentials to log in.
Depending on your user rights, you can get full control over the configuration and operation of IN2IT live, or a limited role to create recordings only or access the system in read-only.
2.1 Channels configuration
You can configure or add ingest channels in the Settings tab > Channels
Fill in the channel settings with video server details and select a default profile that will be used for newly created recordings on this channel. This default profile can be changed when creating the recording job.
After creation, a preview of the channel input is displayed in the scheduler.
For NDI and Stream channels, the preview is not displayed until a source is selected in the scheduler.
Users can change the channel type from SDI to STREAM or IP without recreating the channel.
The recording format can also be reconfigured in this screen.
2.2 User interface and operations
IN2IT live scheduler displays all configured recording channels.
Recording channels from several video servers can be controlled in the same scheduler.
Default source for NDI and STREAM channels can be configured with the source selection button.
Available NDI sources are automatically discovered on the network.
Operators can display the desired start and end date/time by clicking on the date pickers above the channels list.
2.3 Create a new recording
Two types of recordings can be created in IN2IT live scheduler:
- Create a crash recording by hitting the red button in the channel name box
- Schedule a recording by clicking on the timeline and selecting the desired time slot.
The default duration of a recording in one hour, but this can be changed in the New recording dialog box.
This dialog box allows you to define the properties of the recording.
In case of a crash recording, it starts immediately, while you are filling the New recording dialog.
When starting a crash recording, the recording starts immediately but the transfer starts after the dialog box is saved.
Scheduled and ongoing recordings can be displayed on the timeline.
A grey recording indicates a recording or transfer error. Error message can be displayed with mouse over on the recording in the timeline.
2.4. Edit recordings
You can edit recording by right clicking on the box in the timeline > Edit, or using the "Crl" key shortcut to perform the following operations:
- Extend or reduce a scheduled record
- Move a recording job to a similar channel
- Ctrl + mouse wheel can be used zoom in and out in timeline
3. Transfer monitoring
You can monitor transfers from the video server to the production environment in the Monitor tab of the scheduler.
4. Re-transfer a recording
In case of failed transfer, or if you need to transfer the recorded files, this is doable from the timeline or monitor views.
- In the timeline view, you can right click on a finished recording and select Transfer. You are able to select the same or a different profile to retransfer the media.
- In the Monitor view, you can click on the Transfer button in front of completed or failed transfers to trigger a new transfer.
5. Screen recording
Thanks to NDI support, you can perform a screen recording without SDI conversion.
The computer used from screen capture needs to be on the same network that IN2IT live servers.
- Install 3rd party application: NDI4Tools (http://ndi.tv) – NDI Scan Converter
- Configure Scan Converter for the desired use:
- Full screen recording or region of interest
- Audio source
- Broadcast webcam signal
The NDI signal is automatically created and can be used in IN2IT live scheduler.
6. Remote interview capture (Teams, Skype, Zoom)
In order to record remote interviews using Skype, Teams and Zoom, you need the following:
- A dedicated computer to receive the incoming call to be recorded. This computer need to be on the same network as IN2IT live servers.
- your favorite interview software need to be installed on this computer.
- NDI output need to be configured on your client software.
Once you will start or answer the call on the client computer, the NDI signal will be automatically available on the network and can be selected as source in IN2IT live scheduler.
Depending on the calling system, you can see several NDI signals available, for the various participants to the call.